Industry Responsive ProgramsJamie Karas2022-01-30T15:35:19-05:00
Industry-responsive SCSU academic programs include:
- B.S. in Biotechnology – The Biology Department in the College of Arts & Sciences developed a new major in Biotechnology with a minor in Chemistry.
- Biochemistry Concentration within B.S in Chemistry – The Chemistry Department in the College of Arts & Sciences revised and updated the biochemistry concentration within the B.S. in Chemistry major to align with the professional needs of regional biotechnology industry employers.
- Biotechnology Concentration – The College of Arts & Sciences is identifying four-to-five (4-5) courses within the B.S. in Biotechnology degree program to create unique concentrations for students in other STEM disciplines.
- Professional MS in Applied Chemistry
- Professional MS in Applied Physics (concentrations in materials science/nanotechnology and optics/optical instrumentation)
- Physics/Engineering Concentration
- Data Science
- Computer Science
- Graduate Certificate Programs – The School of Business, in collaboration with the Schools of Arts & Sciences and College of Health & Human Services, is exploring the development of two (2) new graduate-level certificate programs to support the career advancement needs of current regional biotechnology employees.
For more information about STEM-related opportunities and partnerships at SCSU, please visit the STEM-IL page. For more information about SCSU programs in general, please visit the SCSU homepage.